New Mod/feature

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 4 years ago
currently its not allowed to make afk farms where the player gets moved around to make it work because you would circumvent the afk kick timer. But maybe ad a rule that you can use those mods that make you auto walk/ auto jump and use those farms when you are actively behind the computer.
Staff can check very easy if you are there or not by just asking you with the /msg mode, which only staff can use, if you are afk or not.
It can sometimes get very annyoing constantly needing to press the button... plus this feature of autowalking is a thing in alot of games with big maps.
How does this keep in line with the Wildertheme? - It does not really change stuff for other players it just makes walking or farming a bit more easy.
How hard is this to implement? 1/10

If you have an idea how to improve this rule or whatever let me know :)

RE: New Mod/feature

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
I dont think thats gonna get allowed, it is easy enough for someone to just let the program play the game for them and go away to do something else instead of actually playing the game.

And that is not what the WilderCraft strives for, it goes against their policy of natural building and personal efforts.

I could be wrong but i dont think this idea is any good, and i personally dont like it either to be honest. :/

_Swagg_
Ancient

20 topics
37 posts

by _Swagg_ » over 4 years ago
@MrTrixer I'm not sure if you read my suggestion completely, I said that the player needs to actively stay behind his computer so he cant  afk farm. A mod can send him a message with /msg if he is there or not and if he is not he gets kicked. Some farm desigins require these kinds of mechanics when a player gets moved around. There is really no difference if you have an auto walker going or are manually pressing the button since you need to stay actively behind the pc, it doesnt effect anybody or doesnt give you an advantage on another player.

Bluesnowflake
Elder
Colossal

19 topics
69 posts

by Bluesnowflake » over 4 years ago
whilst this idea would be nice in theory, in practise it has a lot of issues. mods are not always online and checking 160 players for afk clickers and private messaging all of them is impossible, also as mentioned above it goes against wilders theme of working for your items and earning them, auto clickers are banned on the server currently as it goes against our values.

jaja18264
Colossal

3 topics
20 posts

by jaja18264 » over 4 years ago
As for players needing to be moved around, minecarts are a great way to move a player around without circumventing the afk timer, as they require no user input.

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account