Exited In One Location, Entered In a Different Location

sievebrain
Guardian

3 topics
4 posts

by sievebrain » over 4 years ago
Title: Exited In One Location, Entered In a Different Location
Summary: I exited the server on Thursday of last week.  I was in a very specific location when I exited, as I've made it a habit of always going to that location when I exit.  Normally when I join the server, I'm still at that location, however, a few days later, around Saturday afternoon, I was in a totally random location, other than where I had been when I exited.

Priority and Severity:
A

Server:
Cypress

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Log in to the server on a Thursday
  2. Go to "The End"
  3. Go way out, beyond say 2,000 in both directions.
  4. Exit the server
  5. Come back on Saturday.

Expected Outcome:
I am where I was when I exited the server on Thursday, just like I was the day before that and the day before that.

Actual Outcome:
I enter the server and I'm in a totally random location in the overworld, even though I wasn't present during the end reset, therefore I would expect to be exactly where I was when I exited.  I understand kicking people who are online at the time of the reset so they don't get killed, but I wouldn't expect that to happen if I'm not even online.

Proposed Fix (Optional):
Leave players where they are, since I'm fairly certain that this isn't part of the reset and has to be done intentionally.

Notes (Optional):
The single reward for donating at Colossal has been diluted to the point of almost being worthless and thus bringing down every rank above it.  I get resetting the set homes in order to attempt to balance potential abuse.  However, changing someone's location while they're not even on the server is going too far.

Screenshots (Preferred):
N/A

RE: Exited In One Location, Entered In a Different Location

Coral_Papa
Owner

3 topics
20 posts

by Coral_Papa » over 4 years ago
We don't alter a players location with any plugins during a reset. This is actually done by minecraft code itself as it sees the end world was deleted so it sets you in the overworld at the same xyz(even if that xyz is in solid block) that you were in the end.

This is not something we can change and has been like this since as long as the end has been resetting, this happens alot to players that sign out at the end farm (even myself, except the xyz was in solid block so i died).

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account