/PermissionTrust not granting chest access or build access

Bluesnowflake
Elder
Colossal

19 topics
69 posts

by Bluesnowflake » over 4 years ago

Title: /permission trust not giving any other claim access
Summary: when i permission trust someone, they can manage permissions in my claims but cant place blocks or access chests, seems as if despite permission trust being the highest trust level, it doesnt grant every other /trust command, but if i /trusted someone to build, they could also access containers without seperatly /containertrusting them.

Priority and Severity:
B, any claim bug could potentially be not good, but its easy to rectify, as you can just /trust after /permissiontrust to give all claim commands
Server:
Redwood, replicated on cypress, can assume from that its a server wide issue

Steps to Reproduce:
permissiontrust someone in your claim, see if they can break blocks or open chests

Expected Outcome: be fully trusted in the claim when permissiontrusted
Actual Outcome: only can change perms, cant open containers or break chests
{ Result of the bug, what happened instead }

Proposed Fix (Optional):
no idea, may be a coding issue, or may have been set done on purpose, red was not online to check with and no staff online thought it was intentionally done

Notes (Optional):
{ Things to keep in mind in relation to this bug/issue }

Screenshots (Preferred):

RE: /PermissionTrust not granting chest access or build access

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
Permission Trust isn't the top level trust. It's used to allow someone to manage others. It's something that you can give in parallel to the other trusts.

When you give a player permission trust, you allow them to give other players trusts that are equivalent to their own. IE if I gave you /accesstrust and the /permissiontrust, you can use readstone AND you can give other players /accesstrust.

But /permissiontrust on it's own doesn't do anything, since the player would have no permissions to pass along.

diamond.png x 1

RE: /PermissionTrust not granting chest access or build access

Bluesnowflake
Elder
Colossal

19 topics
69 posts

by Bluesnowflake » over 4 years ago
ahh okay good to know, no one online to clear this up at this time so thought it was a bug, thanks bowman, i wouold delete it but dont know how 

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account