play.wildercraft.net

Join 12 players online!

Cedar Nether Hub Redesign

MarbleAndGold
Sapling

2 topics
2 posts

by MarbleAndGold » about 1 year ago

The Cedar Nether Hub is particularly annoying to use. Players often accidentally fall into the giant trampoline pit in the center of the room trying to change highways, a trampoline that is usually covered in boats, causing the player's death. The Wither that is above the hub is also extremely loud and consistently gets complaints. So my redesign ideas are:

A less intrusive method of changing levels than a giant trampoline hole.

A more obvious way to change levels to the highway proper instead of semi-hidden water elevators. This will help lead newer players in the right direction to use the highway.

A different, less annoying location for the Wither, so that it is not so loud.

RE: Cedar Nether Hub Redesign

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » about 1 year ago

Yeah, I've seen other complaints in the past as well. No one wants to hurt anyone's feelings either; but the truth is that it looks good, but isn't really as practical as it could be while still looking good. It feels almost as if it was built on the wrong y-level to begin with and has been getting modifications to resolve issues since. Why aren't the portals on y-115 like on Evergreen? I think the bubble columns are cool, water in the nether is especially sweet, but if we want that as a feature maybe it can bring players above the roof? If a jumpoline is desired, can it go from the roof down to the center of a y-115 portal area? Maybe slightly raised so it never gets covered in boats? 

I frequently have to show players how to get to the “hub” area from the lower portal area. It’s just not intuitive. 

Recommendations are easy, and I realize an actual player or team of players will have to do this. But for the complaints about usability it gets, I think it’s worth some effort looking at how it can be updated. 

diamond.png x 1

RE: Cedar Nether Hub Redesign

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » about 1 year ago

Just a note that this is back on the Build Team's radar. It's still difficult for new players to find the bubble columns to get up to the highway and it’s silly that boats can easily go places that can’t get back to the highway and can’t be broken.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account