play.wildercraft.net

Join 12 players online!

The Glass Cutter™

Perric101
Guardian

3 topics
3 posts

by Perric101 » over 2 years ago

Have you ever had to remove many glass blocks and end up just using TNT as a time saver? Frustrated by only needing 2 glass panes and ending up with more than you need?? Introducing: The Glass Cutter, insta-mine glass with a single left click! Cut it into glass panes with a right click! The conversion to glass panes via the shears is not as effective as doing it at a proper crafting table. As a result, it will yield fewer panes per glass block, but it offers convenience when building high up in the sky and are stuck w/o a crafting bench! These shears will be the perfect addition to any builder's tool belt. Additionally, we have now solved the issue of not being able to insta-mine glass.

This idea has been brought to you buy Purrito Co.

RE: The Glass Cutter™

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

A tool that can instantly break glass would be great, but I don't think it should drop panes as a special feature. After all, if players are using a lot of glass while building they'd likely want to get the glass blocks back, not panes that they aren't using for the current build. The panes would just take up inventory space while building and be more of a hassle than helpful.

Rather than the Glass Cutter, I think it should be the Glass Breaker, a simple special tool that can instantly break glass blocks and glass panes and drop them with silk touch. Not sure what the tool for it would be though, maybe an axe, or maybe keep the shears and cutter name and just not have the panes feature.

Last edited: over 2 years ago

Wildbeast1346
Wild

3 topics
4 posts

by Wildbeast1346 » over 2 years ago

to xHerobrine's reply: From my 2 times reading this, i belive it does both! (unless i misunderstand) A direct quote from the idea: "insta-mine glass with a single left click! Cut it into glass panes with a right click!"  this leads me to belive that  it woud do both! so do not fret, it should have the capibility of doing both!   To perric101's idea: this is a great idea! i hope to have it in game one day!

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » about 1 year ago

This one actually took up a decent amount of time in our meeting and is a really interesting idea. The fact that there's no tool specific to glass came up. 

Wildercraft is a build focused server. Things like the build-o-matic, Glob's wrench, and the recently reviewed replace-o-matic that is going to be recommended for further review are evidence that the desire is there to make building easier and faster for players. 

That being said, the consensus of the team was that this wasn't going to be recommended. I did personally read the idea out loud to the team because I loved the care and thought you took into making the post. I did my best to make it sound like a dope sales pitch. Unfortunately, the feel was that it's a fairly limited use case.

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » about 1 year ago

I've used glass for huge windows in a lot of my builds. For a huge aircraft hanger I made a season back, for larger buildings I've made for events, and even now I'm using tons of glass for a spleef arena and plan to use tons more for other builds too. Like if I decided to break the back wall of glass here because I want it to be solid instead (which I'm seriously considering), imagine how long that would take.

https://imgur.com/dsQXNHh

It would take a very long while! Even if I'm not using more than a half stack of glass though, glass still takes a long time to break and it would be extremely convenient as a builder if a tool to insta break it existed. 

Last edited: about 1 year ago diamond.png x 1

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » about 1 year ago

The responses on Discord and the additional support that was rallied for this idea caused us to review it again. Red and the team decided this item should be in game, and it is now (has been for a hot minute, lol). Thank you all for your passionate feedback, and we hope you all enjoy the new item, The Glass Cutter™!

Last edited: about 1 year ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account