play.wildercraft.net

Join 11 players online!

Make EOTs Craftable Again

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 2 years ago

I am not sure what the full reasoning behind making EOTs so rare, but I just don't see any logic to it. Maybe someone involved in that decision can explain it to the players.

It was a fun experiment, but in the month that the new server has been up, the only result I've seen from the extreme rarity of EOTs is that everyone is getting a Ghast farm so they can have at least a few EOTs.

The real negative that has occurred is it's made it much harder for players to work together, share resources, and otherwise help each other out.

Please, end this insanity.

RE: Make EOTs Craftable Again

JunoWeed
Guardian

1 topics
8 posts

by JunoWeed » over 2 years ago

Maybe the crafting recipe needs to be rebalanced to prevent the over abundance of the eots, I know thats extremely difficult to do when we can literally farm anything ad naseum. Perhapse some other method of throttling the eyes, like a limited range or a longer cool down, something other than near eliminating them from the game.

But i feel Magoo here, players are forcing farms to produce eots, such as ghast or raid farms...which leaves out many non technical players if the loop.

I have seen real generosity in sharing those few eyes that players have and thats awesome and community building, but all the same.

diamond.png x 2

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

I don't understand.  Why "throttle" EOTs to begin with?  What problem was being created by the "overabundance"? (your word, because I don't agree.)

Last edited: over 2 years ago

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » over 2 years ago

IIRC it's because they want a more vanilla expereince. I think probably a big part of it is everyone just teleported everywhere and didn't ever use the netherhub or anything else.

I get it. They want a more vanilla experience. The nether has already become way more developed than last season, and it's only gonna get way moreso from here (especially when they hopefully move the netherportal from treant gating). But I agree with you on this one. I loved being able to help someone with a raid, or check someone's farm that wasn't working. Just generally help people. But now it's a heavy cost to do that. 

maddhax0r
Elder

1 topics
5 posts

by maddhax0r » over 2 years ago

I agree with this. EOTs are no longer craftable and they appear to be really rare from voting rewards. Even when you do get them you dont get that many. Whats the point of these ranks having 10-20+ homes if you cant travel between them? If the goal is to make the game more vanilla then remove/reduce all the sethomes from rank perks and be replaced with somethign else because at the moment they are basically useless.

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

EOTs I think are a minor reason that the Nether Hub (at least on Evergreen) is taking shape. In previous seasons, there were a few things that I think led to a non-existent Nether Hub.

The first is the Season length. I know that I was not really interested in working on infrastructure projects that might only be used for a month or two. Early Seasons were "about six months" but never had a defined length. Now, with the promise of a longer season, doing this work makes more sense.

The other thing that happened earlier (and I'm not trying to rehash things) was in S9 or S10 when players went to work on the Nether Hub early in the season, only to have that work thrown away by staff in favor of what they wanted to do. That put a bad taste in a lot of players mouths about contributing to infrastructure projects. I don't think there is anything that can or should be done to address this, but if you are looking at recent seasons and wondering why there was never a Nether Highway, look here.

So now we have decent highways out to about 2000 in all directions (again, at least on Evergreen). But they are not easily available to everyone. New players have a hard time using the Hub since the Nether Portal at /LocalSpawn is locked to Wild ranks. I can see a certain logic to doing this, but the end result is that it makes travel out to the further distances very, very hard for new players.

Eventvwr
Treant

3 topics
12 posts

by Eventvwr » over 2 years ago

Hello

Quick background: I had about a nine month break from Wildercraft, and came back a few days ago. After about a dozen votes I have one EOT but I can jump to Spawn and back for free and (now shops are open) also travel freely to any stores that I want to visit. I would like to highlight the angle of players not knowing that there is a Netherhub they can use to get to places, or how to do so. I really like the Wildercraft experience and the community but it is very confusing to find out what is going on. This communication challenge also applies to the changes that make up "Chapter 2" - is there any page / thread that talks about what is different and the design philosophy behind it?

Thanks

E

PrinceMahdi
Guardian

5 topics
7 posts

by PrinceMahdi » over 2 years ago

This change was meant to bring more people together by exploring more, but it brought us further apart..

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

Personally, I think eots don't need to be craftable. A good crafting recipe to make eots is hard because so many items are either farmable or too rare to find, there's hardly any items that are a good in between. They certainly are too scarce as they are right now though, so rather than making a crafting recipe again, I think eots just need to be more common from voting, perhaps an eot per vote. 

This allows every player to have access to a few eots per day, which isn't too many but at the same time not too little. After all, if players have a lot of friends or homes then they can go through a dozen eots in a single day easily. If they don't teleport at all though, then even after a couple weeks they won't have enough eots to make a stack, so eots won't become too common just because some players give their eots away.  

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account