play.wildercraft.net

Join 13 players online!

Wilderaxe / Wilderpick - Delay on breaking blocks

lNomNoml
Guardian

24 topics
33 posts

by lNomNoml » over 2 years ago

This Chapter introduces a change has been implemented to the Wilderaxe and Wilderpick. When breaking a block or log there is a 5 second delay before you can put it back, the aim of this is to prevent players from breaking and putting blocks back to level up the tools.

This however can be a bit of a problem when you are trying to place a block back to prevent a unfortunate death from lava.

This thread is for feedback and ideas on this change, is there a better way to do this?

Personally, I see why this was done but also I don't think many players levelled up the tool like this, it is a little annoying when trying to stop lava but I guess you can just use a different block.

It would be good to have a notification on this to warn players, so it isn't thought of as a bug or lag.

creeper-head.png x 1 | diamond.png x 1

RE: Wilderaxe / Wilderpick - Delay on breaking blocks

JunoWeed
Guardian

1 topics
8 posts

by JunoWeed » over 2 years ago

I use the wilderpick as my everyday pick, and this effect takes place while building as well and is nothing short of very frustrating.  It would be nice if a different type of block could be placed without needing to wait.

Does this effect also prevent stone generators from replacing the broken block? If not why? How is automated stone generation any different than block placing?

Concrete generation usually uses this technique of off hand placing and breaking continuously to produce decent amounts of concrete, this prevents the pick from being used this was as well.

diamond.png x 3

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

This is just a general annoyance for players using the tools when building. I was building with the wilderpick for the past day and constantly had this annoyance, coming up repeatedly like when I was breaking portals and filling in the holes, or breaking parts in walls to add lights and decor blocks. 

The aim to prevent players from levelling up via placing/breaking blocks is honestly unnecessary. it's not an efficient method to begin with. Players can level up picks faster with just normal mining, and even if players do try levelling up their picks like this... So what? It's not a big deal at all. 

I understand Wilder wants the pick used in the intended way, but this change is simply annoying. If it's really needed that badly, it should only be applied to lower level picks, not ones above the max vanilla level. 

Last edited: over 2 years ago diamond.png x 1 | creeper-head.png x 1

Goonpa
Guardian

3 topics
4 posts

by Goonpa » over 2 years ago

I really do not like this feature, because when mining for debris i cant stop lava from coming at me, instead i have to wait for the lava to go everywhere and possibly die. Id love for this feature to be taken away because as you get to a certain point in the pick, how is it a problem to replace broken blocks to level things up? Its so much fast to just hollow out an area underground.

CraigTheAlmighty
Guardian

0 topics
1 posts

by CraigTheAlmighty » over 2 years ago

100% agree, I have caught on fire quite a few times due to this feature. 5 seconds is way too long, and it end up harming a lot of players, and annoying many more. I personally don't believe placing the block back and breaking it is a problem at all, because at least it's not creating new items like a generator would which would lag the server. It's better mining out a area underground because you get materials doing so, and generators are just as good if not better than placing the block back.

SurlyQGerb
Dryad

0 topics
1 posts

by SurlyQGerb » over 2 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree that the 5-second delay is harmful. I use my Wilderpick as my everyday pickaxe, and until reading this feedback, I thought this was a bug or a problem with lag. It's made playing for the past few days so frustrating and risky that I've actually logged out early. Not being able to quickly replace a block I just mined has nearly killed me in lava, nearly dropped me into a ravine, made me lose hearts to a zombie villager, caused a damaging flood in my village, and nearly killed me three times while trying to bridge. Please find another way to deal with whatever problem this is trying to fix, as those of us who've never tried to cheat by replacing are getting very nearly killed by the change. (I love the changes to the Wilderpick levelling, but I'm hesitant to recommend its purchase right now for this reason to the others in my village/gaming group).

MrMagooAZ
Guardian

51 topics
102 posts

by MrMagooAZ » over 2 years ago

I understand why this was implemented, but the risks are very high for a user to get harmed because of it. It's also just annoying when I'm building and put a wrong block down.  Having to wait to replace it just slows me down.

I think the delay just flat out needs to be removed. 

If players want to use the pick in a generator, why does anyone else care? Is there a difference between using it on a generator to gather the block (I want a large amount of Basalt for my build) or to level the Wilderpick? They still had to mine the block. Is it really that important how that block got there?

I feel like this is another example of too much attention being paid to HOW users play. As long as folks are obeying the rules (no afk mining, etc), why does THIS matter? So-and-so leveled their pick the EASY way, while I did it the hard way. I don't care, and neither should you. 

Although I'd add that with the current lag/TPS issues, the risk of dying is extremely low.

<insert gif="" of="" austin="" powers="" steamroller="" death="" />

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account