play.wildercraft.net

Join 10 players online!

Should we allow reselling on WilderCraft?

Gan_Xodos
Guardian

2 topics
13 posts

by Gan_Xodos » over 3 years ago

I would be down to allow currency exchanging. But then banks would have certain privileges and it reminds me of real world banks and idk how I feel about it lol.

RE: Should we allow reselling on WilderCraft?

Gan_Xodos
Guardian

2 topics
13 posts

by Gan_Xodos » over 3 years ago

Also I might add that villagers can only be cured once since the paper update that occured at the beginning of the season so that is already nerfed compared to vanilla. That already has created a whole emerald economy that would not have existed before.

It's enough regulation as is in my opinion.

I think there could be more emphasis on Wildercraft-managed competitive builds of various kinds to help revitalize things, rather than via market adjustments.

If there's a high demand for materials for fancy builds, the market, if it can easily supply what is needed for the builds, will be more fluid, I think.

farsight321
Dryad

0 topics
3 posts

by farsight321 » over 3 years ago

Tiger I'm not sure if this is relivant but yes people buy my porkchops.

NVGSimGuy
Guardian

5 topics
14 posts

by NVGSimGuy » over 3 years ago

Make sure to vote.

Link to Vote here: https://forms.gle/1aUxaqvgVnWtp69i7

tigerbalmv
Elder

8 topics
29 posts

by tigerbalmv » over 3 years ago

The quote thing doesn't seem to be working for me. But anyway. Farsight, that is very relevant. Thanks for posting, because I was going to start asking around to answer that question.

If people will still buy porkchops when porkshops are being given away, then it's hard to argue that reselling will cause the shop economy to crater.

NVGSimGuy
Guardian

5 topics
14 posts

by NVGSimGuy » over 3 years ago

Tigerbalmv,

Your example using porkchops is faulty. Free porkchops are rarely listed in the shop description unlike ones that cost. Most people are too lazy to run around looking for free items that they are not aware of. Reslling won't crater the economy anyhow but the key to keeping a server going is keeping new players interested. When the prices for items goes through the roof due to reselling, new players are much less likely to stay on and keep playing. I should know, I was that player on numerous other servers. New players will also bring in new funds to the server owner as veteran players start to slack off. I think it is much more important to keep the server funding coming in than it is to allow reselling. If reselling wins the vote, I will petition for the ability to only sell to ranks lower than peddler. Seems kind of silly to me to hoard diamond blocks anyway. I'd much rather be able to keep playing on a good server that allows you to do most of what you can do on straight vanilla. Playing on servers that limit the capabilities of redstone, goof will hoppers, and run clear-lag every few minutes is more painful than fun. This server is really fun.

tigerbalmv
Elder

8 topics
29 posts

by tigerbalmv » over 3 years ago

If you want too keep new players interested, turn on keepinventory. That's what most of them complain about when they say they're quitting after the nth death. Most people aren't on long enough to notice we have an economy. That makes me sad, but only a little. You can't force someone to enjoy a multi-player game where they aren't the sole focus.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account