Unbreakable Pickaxe for Skyblock

PS3BOI332
Colossal

8 topics
14 posts

by PS3BOI332 » over 3 years ago

There should be a new skycrate item called the Unbreakable Pickaxe. It would be an iron pickaxe with no perks except that its totally unbreakable. This will be good for farming at cobble gens for long periods of time. I don't think it should have any drawbacks because it doesn't really have any enchantments like efficiency or fortune therefore it's not really too op. Maybe, if drawbacks are needed, it could lose durability and, when it gets to a low enough durability, then a certain item can be consumed, like iron or coal, and it can be replenished.

RE: Unbreakable Pickaxe for Skyblock

RunaCam
Fairy

4 topics
10 posts

by RunaCam » over 3 years ago

One issue I could see with this being implemented is players using it to avoid the anti-AFK 1 hour kick.

My thinking here is that if you are near enough the computer to actively mine blocks, you can see the durability get low. If you are not near the computer and are using something to mine blocks while you are away from your keyboard, then you are breaking wilder rules by avoiding the 1-hour AFK setup.

PS3BOI332
Colossal

8 topics
14 posts

by PS3BOI332 » over 3 years ago

What if the pickaxe loses durability over time, can't break, and can be totally replenished if the player goes through a manual process to fix it. Fixing it would only take like one coal or iron.

Microweb4
Dryad
Mod

4 topics
10 posts

by Microweb4 » over 3 years ago

This is a really nice idea, PS3BOI, and I totally see where you're coming from.  I'm a Wildercraft Community representative - I talk with players and staff about ideas and feedback that the community wants.  We brought this up in our latest meeting with the Community Team, and after discussing it, we felt it might be too similar to putting mending on an item.  Would it be better to enchant an iron pick with Mending, Unbreaking III and other enchantments as well?

Keep the ideas coming on the ideas channel - the staff really do consider everything so always feel free to share anything you might come up with!  It's always great to get an idea of what players want, which always helps form new tools for everyone to enjoy. 😄

💜 The Community Team

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account