Small World Border for S9

oSalts
Sapling

12 topics
17 posts

by oSalts » over 3 years ago

As we know, Season Eight is expected to sadly end sometime in December or January, which also means we need to start to turn our eyes onto Season Nine. Lately in the discord's Season 8 Feedback channel, I've noticed people think the server is growing, which is great, except that they also noticed that most people don't know each other as well anymore, as the server has been growing so much. I propose a small border for Season Nine. Right now, the border is 20k by 20k. What if we shortened it all the way down to 7.5k by 7.5k? Everyone gets closer together, thus leading to more togetherness in the community. It even comes with the perk of Season Nine being able to be called something cheesy, like the Friendship Season.

RE: Small World Border for S9

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago

People who like or dislike this idea, please share why!

ORANGEBOOMERANG
Sapling

7 topics
10 posts

by ORANGEBOOMERANG » over 3 years ago

While it would be nice to meet people more often, lots of people will still set up their own bases with their own farms and would want to expand- I could see a space-issue if the borders where shrunk. And also, if you have EoTs, teleporting to other players isn't too hard.

ORANGEBOOMERANG
Sapling

7 topics
10 posts

by ORANGEBOOMERANG » over 3 years ago

While it would be nice to meet people more often, lots of people will still set up their own bases with their own farms and would want to expand- I could see a space-issue if the borders where shrunk. And also, if you have EoTs, teleporting to other players isn't too hard.

Edit: this posted twice, oops

Last edited: over 3 years ago

jaja18264
Colossal

3 topics
20 posts

by jaja18264 » over 3 years ago

In season 7, we had a 16kx16k (8k in each direction) border. At a certain point in a season, this became an issue, and there weren't many places for new people to settle. When people refer to the server growing bigger, they are referring to the playerbase. There are new players coming and going every day now, so not everyone knows each other. Therefore, we should focus more on player retention in order to strengthen the community.

jaja18264
Colossal

3 topics
20 posts

by jaja18264 » over 3 years ago

In season 7, we had a 16kx16k (8k in each direction) border. At a certain point in a season, this became an issue, and there weren't many places for new people to settle. When people refer to the server growing bigger, they are referring to the playerbase. There are new players coming and going every day now, so not everyone knows each other. Therefore, we should focus more on player retention and events in order to strengthen the community.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

badbvnny
Fairy

5 topics
9 posts

by badbvnny » over 3 years ago

You're not taking into account what most new players want: explore the world, find a cool place and settle.

When red made a poll in-game about making the wilderwarp tp radius bigger we were discussing it on willow, I said it's a good idea because new players want to find unexplored areas in order to gather resources and build a house, and It's basically the same issue if you make the border smaller: no one wants to join a new server and explore what has already been explored (probably explored a couple times before). That's why I believe making the border smaller is not gonna fix anything.

diamond.png x 2

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account