Auctions

oSalts
Sapling

12 topics
17 posts

by oSalts » over 3 years ago

I think that it would be cool if we could put valuable items, such as a PigAxe or a deadbush, up for auction. An auction chest would be like a shop chest, but the sign on the front says {A} at the top instead of {$}. The owner of the shop, instead of putting the set price of the item, puts the starting bid. To keep things simple, the only currency for use would be only diamonds, no diamond blocks. This also reinforces the 'valuable items only' rule. The item up for auction would be in the middle, allowing players to view its enchantments and durability. Directly underneath it would be the current bid, which when clicked, increases by 1 diamond, thus eliminating the need for a custom bid amount. If you wanted to bid several diamonds at a time, just click the bid multiple times. The auction could have a set time amount until it ends, say one week. The amount of time left can be viewed by looking at the bottom sign row, which will count down days and hours first, then hours and minutes, then just minutes instead of minutes and seconds to keep the sign refresh lag down. After the bid is over, the chest is locked for everyone except the shop owner and the auction winner. The winner comes to the shop with the diamonds and takes the item like any other thing from a shop. It would be a fun and more interactive way of buying valuable items from a shop.

RE: Auctions

Richy_ZS
Ancient

14 topics
46 posts

by Richy_ZS » over 3 years ago

I do like the idea behind having a way of auctioning things, I think programming it may be a bit more tricky though.

Also what would happen if the item goes over 64 diamonds, would that be an auto win? Or would it go to 65 diamonds? That also depends on the chest having enough space inside to hold the payment.

And what safeguards are there against someone trolling and running the bid up without having enough diamonds, or using alts / other players to run up the bid?

Overall I like the idea, I just think implementation would be tricky.

ryansoh14
Ancient

4 topics
15 posts

by ryansoh14 » over 3 years ago

I love this idea! I have two suggestions for it if it is possible though:

1. Set a buyout price - basically a max price that players can just pay to get the item instantly. This is super common in auctions everywhere and I think it will help with the issue of the max bid. So it won't just keep going till it is 64d or higher.

2. Depositting their bet - When players want to bid, they must have the amount they want to bid in hand and it will be depositted into the system. In the case they want to make a higher bet, they just have to hold the amount of diamonds that will make the total deposit their new bet. They will be able to retrieve their diamonds once the bet is over or it will be sent to their inventory the next time they enter spawn.

Overall it's a rly fun idea but I think it is gonna be hard to implement and code :/

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 3 years ago

Thank you for your suggestion Saltz!

We will be sure to review this at the next Community Team Meeting and will be sure to respond as soon as a verdict has been decided.

Kind Regards,

Community Team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account