A new Question Channel

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 3 years ago

As you can see here my questions in the non-urgent help channel about the updates in the Expanse this Friday wasn't as welcomed as I thought it would be, so, id like a channel where anyone can ask the questions they need to know or wonder about and where anyone can answer them and not just helpers and mods.

It is really common that questions in the specific channels or the lounge channel get buried and ignored and even if someone posts an answer that one too gets buried in the channel as well, especially if a lot of people are online that likes to talk and hold a conversation.

As for the specific staff for the specific servers, I don't know who's who to be honest, and I haven't seen anything that would imply that this helper/mod person is for this specific server and that you can ask them whatever you wanna know.

So, how about creating a new question corner where one can ask questions and get some answers, discussions and longer conversations should stay in the lounge and server-channels of course but this sort of channel would be useful in my opinion, especially if you have a question that you need an answer for asap. ^^"

What do you guys think? Give me your opinions on this subject please. :)

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: A new Question Channel

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

by Yacob1 » over 3 years ago

Non urgent help is ment to be the question place. So whoever said that would be wrong as what is next is the pinned info on what that channel is for.

Welcome to staff-help-discussion, this channel will be a channel to continue any conversations from #urgent-staff-help that are not urgent! Please be respectful and follow these guidelines: - 

- This channel is for players to ask non-urgent questions 

- If a player and a staff member is in an active conversation, please do not pitch in. chatter can STILL be removed in this channel

- Players should not answer questions unless they are absolutely certain the information is factual & correct. (me and the other mods will do our best to react with a checkmark or x to confirm)

- Please refrain from answering if staff members are already involved 

- This channel is not a place to air your grievances or complain - file a complaint on the forum or make constructive feedback in #ideas-and-feedback                                                   

If you have any concerns or questions about what should be allowed in staff-help or here, feel free to dm me so i can clear it up slight_smile 

diamond.png x 1

gocleau
Mythic

1 topics
2 posts

by gocleau » over 3 years ago

What's wrong with making a new forum post?  OR perhaps you just need to be patient, or ask your question a few times.  You could also try watching the lounge chat and waiting for a time when the conversation is low.  I've seen you make a large presence in the lounge on multiple occasions, so I know you are capable.  Non urgent help and urgent help are for immediate in game things when a mod is not around or on... not for ideas or general information. It's a pretty basic concept, to be honest, one that the children on the server understand...

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 3 years ago

Depending on the nature of your question, the response you recieved is not necessarily accurate. Like Yacob stated above, that channel is actually meant for players to ask staff about non-urgent topics. If you were asking about some aspect of the Expanse server (how it works, ranks, shops, maybe plugin functionality, etc.) then that would be completely valid. Was it a Mod/Helper that responded with that response or was that a normal player?

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

The reason I asked was because of the public fox pen i added to the Expanse nether hub highway and I didn't wanna lose it, fortunately, another mod answered my question before the mod that posted the message in my original post up top came in and told me that this wasn't an appropriate question for the non-urgent help channel.

Since it was rather urgent due to the update coming this Friday Gocleau I had to know asap since I will be quite busy with work from tomorrow onwards and will probably not make it unless I start to evacuate the foxes today, at that time there were no mods nor helpers online and the players had heard various information about the update, some have heard that the nether would be fully reset, other heard that the nether would be expanded and the old nether would stay the same etc.

Fortunately, everything within 2k block radius of the nether hub will remain intact so my foxes should be safe at least. ^^"

(Gocleau, i know who you have talked to and i understand that you're taking her side in that "other" matter, but please try and stay on the subject in here, please. Let's act like adults in here..)

sugarflop
Ancient

6 topics
28 posts

by sugarflop » over 3 years ago

Hello MrTrixer, 

We apologise as there seems to have been a miscommunication from our side. Of course, all non-urgent help should and will be addressed.

We understand that Expanse related questions may get quicker responses in Expanse but staff will endeavour to find out the correct answer for all urgent-staff-questions. Therefore this time we shall not be creating another question channel. 

But thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your confusion.

Kind Regards,

Community Team 

diamond.png x 1

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

Thank you for the response in my last suggestion in here sugar, and thank you for your time. 
I really appreciate it. :)

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account