Lower requirements for claiming in the nether

Paladinscurse
Sapling

7 topics
10 posts

by Paladinscurse » over 3 years ago
With the nether update about to roll onto wilder craft many people will be making bartering and gold farms. The current requirement for claiming in the nether is elder rank, I believe it should be lowered to pathfinder/mythic/colossal to make it possible for us that are under elder to create machines and bases in the nether. The world border does not apply in the nether, so while it would not be wise to create a nether portal beyond 2.5k it is still possible to build, so as long as you have a nether highway you shouldn't really need a close portal. If you are still concerned about size issues, claim areas could be limited to 250x250 or 200x200 in the nether, or they could even require 8x the claimblocks. (Because of the over world/nether area distance)

RE: Lower requirements for claiming in the nether

RunaCam
Fairy

4 topics
10 posts

by RunaCam » over 3 years ago
I actually find the 8x claim blocks quite intriguing actually, and would love to discuss whether it might be better on a squared amount or simply times 8.

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 3 years ago
I doubt the plugin supports different claim rates for the nether, but it's an interesting question. I wouldn't want a small claim in the nether eating up all my claim blocks though, and don't think an 8x tax to claim there will serve the larger community of people that can and do already claim in the nether.

I get the concerns, and with how much more important the nether will be after this update, see why lowering the bar might be valuable to the larger community. 

diamond.png x 1

RunaCam
Fairy

4 topics
10 posts

by RunaCam » over 3 years ago
On the other hand it could bolster the privilege that is nether claiming and used as a key reason more people would want to buy the ancient rank, considering how important it will become. I'm generally against play to win, but in this case it is technically possible to vote long enough to get to ancient vote rank, making it feasible in a non-PTW scenario.

creeper-head.png x 1

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » over 3 years ago

Last season, before Smoothie or I were ancients, we asked someone to claim a build we had for us in the nether. Ancients have so many claim blocks, someone happily helped out. I would say it bolsters the sense of community to favor interactions like this. I certainly wouldn't mind doing that for someone else.

I do still agree though; considering a reduction in rank now that the nether is more valuable makes sense. Getting a decision from the staff on the subject with reasoning would be interesting and valuable to the community.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account