Join 11 players online!

Who is this Redbau fellow?

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 5 years ago

About: Designer, artist, developer, dad
Likes: screen printing/making art, walking sidewalks or trails, riding public transit, shooting photos, pretzels, being a dad
Dislikes: rude people, high fructose corn syrup, driving anywhere, dumb computers

Why did I decide to create WilderCraft?
Having a fondness for nature, architecture and the idea of placemaking and supporting a community of creative people, I started WilderCraft as a way to explore all of these things while learning more code, design and playing computer games.

Back in 2014 I started playing Minecraft, around version 1.7.9-1.7.10 (the Realms update) but I prefer playing by myself a lot, so I stuck to single player worlds. Soon I built larger worlds, and started to learn redstone and automation. After building my first iron farm I decided wanted to have it running all the time without having my computer on all the time, so I purchased a cheap server just for myself and setup a brand new world just for me.

My new world was glorious, spawn was atop a huge mountain and the world generation was set to amplified, so it would take forever to traverse the extreme hills biome I spawned in, perfect for slow single player isolation. Over a year passed as I constructed this world before I discovered Hermitcraft. And then GoodTimesWithScar. And then online servers.

What makes WilderCraft a semi-vanilla survival Minecraft server?
The spirit of survival Minecraft is about trade-offs, nothing is over-powered (OP) and items are earned through hard work and fair play. We do not believe in pay-to-win, where you can buy the best items in the game with no efffort or time invested. To make donations and ranks as fair as possible, all items available in the donation /shop for purchase are also all available for free by using /vote in-game over a period of time.

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 6

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account