Shop Idea

globdom
SrAdmin
SrAdmin

16 topics
54 posts

by globdom » over 4 years ago
    Just an idea that I thought would improve the quality of life for shop owners slightly. Not sure how exactly this would be brought in, but it involves allowing shop owners to at least see the status of their chests at spawn from another server; better yet even be able to restock them from another server. It's not a necessary one, but it would definitely be much appreciated given that it saves shop owners the teleportation time to spawn, then to their respective shops to check and restock and then finally back home - or if the chest owner went to spawn solely to check, found out their shop was sold out then they'd have to teleport to another server and back again in order to get the supplies to stock up the items.
    I just wanted to point out that this feature wouldn't defeat the purpose of going to spawn and experiencing the shops, as it would just apply to the shop owners restocking and not people looking to buy items from another server. The reason I mention this is because I still think players perusing all the spawn shops is a fantastic idea, and something I enjoy doing (but the restocking my chest part not so much).

An example of how this would play out is as follows. Given that players can have multiple shop chests on multiple servers, the command could look something like:

/seechest spawn mending

The server would then bring up the image of the individual's chest (similar to what is seen when one types /rules) located at spawn for the item that they labeled on the sign - in this case is mending. 

Please let me know your thoughts as to whether or not this is a viable option!

Last edited: over 4 years ago

RE: Shop Idea

Buffaz
Ancient

14 topics
35 posts

by Buffaz » over 4 years ago
This is a great idea! Maybe the chests could be linked up like ender chests. This would be so useful as it's always a problem for me. This would probably be very difficult to implement tho.

Last edited: over 4 years ago diamond.png x 2

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
Im not sure that this is possible, it is a nice idea though.

_KS0_
Elder

6 topics
12 posts

by _KS0_ » over 4 years ago
Honestly, i would be happy just being able to put hoppers into chest so that it is stocked that way. Currently, no way to safely do that (even if they can't access the hopper, people break in blocks and can access things like donation boxes). Also, you can check your sold amount daily on the shop stats page.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account