WilderAnvil

MrTrixer
Mythic

17 topics
55 posts

by MrTrixer » over 4 years ago
I was thinking, how about adding a public WilderAnvil to the /spawn area somewhere?

• Idea
Create [Material] Dust Protection on the leather armor that is dyeable.

• Why?
Cause it looks good wearing customized armor but its nearly worthless thanks to its low durability/armor rate.

• What Inspired you for this idea?
The Diamond dust on the Wilder Wings, its not clear in the description but it makes the elytra protect you as well as a diamond chest plate would.

• Cant this be abused or break the balance of the game?
No, you need an item for an item and it will technically only change the appearance of the already existing Diamond Armor + any and all other enchantments will disappear no matter the armor when used on the WilderAnvil. See the details further down please.

• Details
By using the Wilder Anvil you can take a pair of colored leather leggings and combine them with diamond leggings and your leggings will have the same armor rate as the diamond leggins used to have.
The Diamond leggings will be used up and any enchantments on either the diamond leggings or the leather leggins will be gone after the transformation, the only effect will be the [Diamond Dust] effect.
*If you use Iron Leggings instead then it could turn into [Iron Dust] effect and will give the leather leggings the same armor rate as regular iron leggings.
*Any and all enchantments on the current equipment or the sacrificed equipment will be lost, if you want any enchantments on the leather armor with the dust effect you need to reapply them later on with a regular anvil and enchantment books.

• Afterwords
I thought that this could be a fun idea and a chance to add a little personal touch to the game without being the only person not able to run through a cave with paper-thin defence or being unable to raid the future nether with some friends, since the WilderWings already exist i thought that this idea was doable and if we use a public anvil then anyone can color their own leather armor and sacrifice some iron or diamond armor to give them a little boost.
Why not look stylish and be able to survive on hardmode like everybody else? The diamond armor looks a little boring after all these years and this will give the coloration of the leather armor a chance to shine.

Benefits
-Look stylish with a personal touch.
-Same protection as any other armor after getting the corresponding dust treatment.
-Can still be enchanted with the old favorites after the dust treatment is done.

Demerits
-You need to sacrifice a corresponding armor part for your leather armor (a helmet for a helmet and so on)
-Any enchantments on either the leather armor or the armor used during the dust treatment will be gone.

Do any of you guys have any thoughts on this matter?
Please share in the comments below.

MrTrixer
Maple Server

Last edited: over 4 years ago

RE: WilderAnvil

DarkRubyKing
Ancient

11 topics
18 posts

by DarkRubyKing » over 4 years ago
I really like this idea. It wouldn't change the game balance at all but would allot everyone to be able to express themselves. it would also make the gobling and ruby gear useful instead of just being burned or sold to new players. The fact that you have to buy another set of enchantments also makes it to where you don't just do it willy nilly and actually makes it feel like you have to pay to do it

diamond.png x 1

RE: WilderAnvil

BabblyY
Ancient

8 topics
11 posts

by BabblyY » over 4 years ago
I think it would be cool if you could also use color codes on these items.... Makes it even more customizable

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account