play.wildercraft.net

Join 14 players online!

Add 2 more voting sites

lNomNoml
Guardian

24 topics
33 posts

by lNomNoml » about 1 year ago

Add 2 more voting sites, gives players more rewards, helps the server get more visibility out there. Most servers have 8 voting sites and I feel 3 is far too little.

RE: Add 2 more voting sites

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » about 1 year ago

I'm curious how voting sites work. Is it just a "pay to get your minecraft server on our voting site" cause then I see that as a pretty big roadblock to getting more sites. It would also be good to know how many people actually come from voting sites to justify costs if there is one. Also, playing devils advocate, if getting to Treant is based on 3 votes a day, almost halfing the time it takes to get there will have to be taken into account when thinking about increasing sites. It seems like a lot of money is made from ranked upgrades, so it has to be noted that this would most likely cut into that.

That being said, I totally agree that in general voting needs a massive upgrade or overhaul. Vote crates are a joke, mod boxes no longer contain wildertools, and while EoTs are great, once you get a good farm, or supply of diamonds, you can get them just as easily. While I totally think more voting sites could be a good change, it has to come with other major changes because right now once you hit treant, there's just not as much reason to vote anymore and adding more voting sites would just accelerate that.

diamond.png x 1

Captr
Treant

1 topics
2 posts

by Captr » about 1 year ago

I think an overhaul of the vote rewards would have to come before something like this could be successfully implemented.  Just 3 vote sites always feels very doable to me, and even though I'm not super motivated by the vote rewards I do it because I know it helps the server, and because it's quick and easy.  Adding two more sites can make it a bit more of a substantial task (I know it sounds silly because its just two sites, maybe just one extra minute, but I feel like those little things are what could push people over the edge of not wanting to vote).  I've played on servers before that had 8 sites like you said, and it just became kind of frustrating because it was too much (also frustrating for the staff because typically there were at least one or two sites that didn't even work, and people would constantly be asking about it).  I think 5 would be teetering on that edge of too much, especially with the vote rewards as they are.

diamond.png x 1

lNomNoml
Guardian

24 topics
33 posts

by lNomNoml » about 1 year ago

Thank you for the feedback, it's really good to get a conversation going on it and work towards a solution, if you have any feedback on how we can improve things please feel free to share it on a new thread. :)

Last edited: about 1 year ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account