Hades Cap Feedback

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

Alrighty, some feedback on the Hades Cap.

How it currently works: If a player clicks with fermented spider eyes in their hand, 2 of the fermented eyes will vanish and give the player an Invisibility potion effect for 5 minutes. If they click with the eyes again, 2 more will be taken, but the effect time will not extend past 5 minutes, it will only refresh it to 5 minutes. 

It's just a normal Invis potion effect, and because of this, any armor the player is wearing will reduce the stealth % from mobs, including the cap itself. You can also take the cap off and the effect will remain. 

Suggestions: I think the cap should hide players from mobs completely, meaning even if a player is in full armor, unless they get close enough to bump into a mob, the mobs won't see them at all. On top of that, the Invisibility effect should be capable of stacking on itself, indefinitely, but wear off if the player ever takes the cap off. Lastly, only 1 fermented spider eye should be required to activate the effect, 1 eye for 1 minute.

Why: Well, as it is now, the cap is kind of useless. Sure, you can take the cap and all your armor off to increase its effectiveness, but I imagine that'll post a serious risk for players in the scenarios they might use it. For me, I can only imagine myself using the cap when I'm mining because that's the only time I'd encounter mobs and would want to avoid them, but if I do that then I'm risking falling off long drops or burning in lava. Mobs aren't the only threat in caves after all, and wearing armor in that case would be smarter rather than using the cap at all. 

As for the indefinite stacking, I ask for this because putting the cap on and off every 5 minutes to replenish the invisbility effect sounds very tedious. If the effect is extendable though, but the effect will wear off if the the cap is taken off, then players will have to be careful of how many fermented spider eyes they use for a single length, so I think it balances the stacking out while being less tedious for players to use. 

For the 1 eye 1 minute suggestion... Imagine a player has an odd number of eyes and they get down to the last one. It's just sitting in their inventory now, taking up a slot, because the hat currently requires 2 eyes to activate. A minor annoyance sure, but one I hope we can avoid. The 1 minute part also adds onto the stacking idea, making it even more fair and reasonable to allow.

Though, maybe it should be longer than that, since the cap basically requires players to make 3 different farms to use more than just sometimes, because sugar/spider eye/mushroom farms are needed to have a steady supply of fermented spider eyes.

If anyone has their own ideas to add, please do say. I'd love to hear different ways the Hades Cap could turn out. 

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account