Warp home from shops using NPC

JunoWeed
Guardian

1 topics
8 posts

by JunoWeed » over 2 years ago

Just a quick suggestion around the warping to and from shops.

To prevent abuse of the free warp to home/bed, there could be an npc at each local spawn(a taxi service if you will) that you could use to get home(last saved bed or home location) for free.

This way we dont offer free home travel, but we get people going to and from the shops area. This would also connect players to the wildercrate and wildercoin shulkers.

RE: Warp home from shops using NPC

Scaryrock
Ancient

3 topics
5 posts

by Scaryrock » over 2 years ago

I don't know what spawn looks like but they can just put an end portal at spawn, place barrier blocks in the end so players do not wander and just go straight to the center. that way they could tp back to their bed.

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

by Worzyy » over 2 years ago

I can see it would essentially offer free home travel, since it's free to /localspawn from anywhere in the first place.

I'm personally still in favour of the idea, I just wanted to point this out. Access to the shopping district should be easy - though I also think if we were to set up nether highways it would also be fine :)

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » over 2 years ago

Worzy, I'm also all for nether travel being a primary travel source, but it heavily depends on if they keep the end/nether portals at spawn Treant only (I know this is something they're discussing how to fix). 

I think if it's possible for the NPC to TP you back to exactly where you were that would be ideal, but if it TPs you to bed, you could do the same by /localspawn and then hopping into the end. But I guess that is also contingent on what they end up doing with the end/nether portals at localspawn as well.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account