Rule Suggestion: Disallow Shops in the Nether

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

by Worzyy » over 2 years ago

Heyo!

I don't think we should allow players to have unofficial shops in the nether.

Looking at both of the server chats, with the lack of EOT availability, it seems as though nether hubs/highways are going to be making an appearance. Because of this, I suggest that we learn from expanse and disallow players to have shops in the nether.

The reason for this is that nethershops snowball into a cluster, potentially blocking people from building branches off the highway to their bases.
It will also mean that the main shopping districts will become obselete, offsetting the value of ranks by turning the nether highways into a real-estate war.

I think that by getting ahead of the game, and implimenting this rule early will prevent future issues.

Kind regards,
Worzyy

diamond.png x 1

RE: Rule Suggestion: Disallow Shops in the Nether

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

If this gets passed onto the rules team, I'd highly encourage them to talk to the expanse team about potential issues. We've had discussions at length about it for Expanse.

JunoWeed
Guardian

1 topics
8 posts

by JunoWeed » over 2 years ago

Im sure the expanse team have considered this thoroughly. I have have experienced first hand with builds that become obtrusive or inappropriate. I am also guilty of stopping my expanse shopping trips on the nether side.

Im curious if a blanket ban on shops in the nether is the right answer. Or if setting pre plotted positions is maybe a better one?

The only  reason I ask is that I can see myself setting up shop in the nether near my town on cedar for the local hub of people that live there in that world sector, for convience. A blanket ban would prevent this i assume.

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

Hi Juno, 

I'm on the expanse team - we have :) 

I'm talking specifically about the tree servers here

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account