Free TP from local spawn

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » over 2 years ago

A seemingly overlooked aspect of having things centered around local spawn, is that there isn't a convenient way to get there and back. So far there was already a change made to allow people to teleport to local spawn for free. However, afterwards they have no way back home except to walk (Eyes of TP are pretty rare). Even if Eyes of TP become more common as people build ghast farms and such, it will kinda stink to have to pay for the frequency we'd be going through them, especially when once shops open, you'll need them to build, stock, and restock your shop.

I have two ideas, and anyone can chime in with more:
1. This wasn't mine but mentioned by someone in the Chapter 2 Feedback chat. Make "bed" a free teleport. This seems like a good overall quick fix. It would probably undermine the idea of making EoTs more scarce, but I'm honestly not sure why EoTs being scarce was something that was implemented.

2. Make the little end portal/nether portal at local spawn for everyone. Frankly I think this should be done anyway since whenever we start a nether hub you're cutting the majority of the people out of being able to use it. But being able to use the end portal when it opens would be the same as making "bed" free but only at local spawn so it doesn't become a free tp whenever. While this solution wouldn't work in the short term (until the end is enabled), and I think you should still enact option 1 temporarily for the short term, I think this at least helps with most problems.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account