My ideas for an update of ranks, vote rewards and creative

arrava
Ancient

4 topics
10 posts

by arrava » over 2 years ago

So over the last few months, a few proposals have been put forward in terms of the topics above as well as a general feeling of unbalance regarding certain aspects of Wilder. As such, I thought to layout some updates and rebalancing to address these. For each part, I'll lay out the problems and appropriate solutions and try to keep this simple to understand. Not expecting people to agree to all of it, obviously, but this will hopefully cover as many bases as possible.

So...

Ranks:

Problems -
1) Too high a requirement for nether and end claims
2) A lack of perks of higher ranks if claim requirements lowered

Initial Solutions -
1) Problem 1 is easy to solve by lowering the rank requirements (e.g. nether to pathfinder, end to mythic)
2) Solving 1 means no perks for elders, so the introduction of expanded creative features, flexibility in the amount of end claiming possible (number of claims, not size), expansion of player warp availability and quantity

Effects -
Allows lower ranks players to protect their builds in both nether and end, future proofs for end dimension update, expand creative, allows ancients to have multiple warps for different uses (builds, farms, towns, events)

Vote rewards:

Problems -
1) Huge volumes of EOTs for higher ranks, leading to devaluing of EOT (opinion not shop price), as well as overreliance on them (see the beginning of the season where chat is filled with messages of people "needing" them)
2) Lack of options of weekly rewards
3) Rapid acquirement of multiples of wildertools and regular tools

Solutions -
1) For problem 1, a reduction in the amount of EOTs given for daily votes, leading to a maximum of 3 per vote for ancients, across all ranks and all-season would prob remove hundreds of EOTs from clogging chests, refocus on travel rather than teleporting everywhere leading to better development of nether travel
2) Introduction of armour rewards alongside tool rewards to provide greater variety, the introduction of end rush keys will also increase options, improvements to wildercoin and key rewards already implemented
3) A 10% reduction in wildertool chance for each rank so wanderer will start with 10% to ancient with 80%, this would be balanced by the introduction of an improved chance for a dungeon run, end rush and ruby dragon keys, this could increase along with ranks alongside a decrease in regular weekly rewards, leading to a clearer reduction in regular tool rewards.

Effect -
Reduction in EOT handouts putting more focus on travel over teleporting as well as on the crafting of EOTs, less buildup of regular "useless" tools, gives a bump back up for Wildertool value as they are special, gives dedicated and understood chance of minigame keys, (To really stress: key chances compensate Wildertool percentage reduction), armour adds general variety to regular weekly rewards

Creative:

Creative has kinda been forgotten as a feature of Wildercraft and I would love to breathe some new life into it with some easy fixes
Problems -
1) Permission issues leading to an inability for players to get plots in a dungeon run, end rush and parkour plot areas
2) The generally small size of creative plots leading to players having to build new platforms for new builds

Solutions -
1) The first is self-explanatory, allow all players to have one plot in each world at the colossal rank
2) Once at colossal increase the number of plots a player can have, colossal = 1, elder = 2, ancient = 4
3) Then allow players to make use of the plot merge functionality to combine plots into 1x2 and 2x2 sizes
4) I also think some kind of mini block vendor to allow players to decorate builds further would be a nice touch (would not have any cost)

Effects -
Gives players much more freedom in creative builds with larger plots, players don't have to build so many new platforms for a build, adds new perks for higher ranks to provide incentives, mini block vendor kinda a far reach but would be cool to have a few more freely available

Overall:
There's a lot of different ideas and such here so below is a summary:

Feral: No change
Wanderer: 20%->10% Weekly tool chance, new 10% Weekly key chance, 80% regular tool/armour chance,

Lightfoot: 30%->20% Weekly tool chance, new 10% Weekly key chance, 70% regular tool/armour chance
Peddler: 40%->30% Weekly tool chance, new 10% Weekly key chance, 60% regular tool/armour chance

Pathfinder: 50%->39% Weekly tool chance, new 11% Weekly key chance, 50% regular tool/armour chance, Nether claims
Mythic: 60%->48% Weekly tool chance, new 12% Weekly key chance, 40% regular tool/armour chance, End claims

Colossal: EOTs 3->2, 70%->57% Weekly tool chance, new 13% Weekly key chance, 30% regular tool/armour chance, Creative plot (1)
Elder: EOTs 4->3, 80%->66% Weekly tool chance, new 14% Weekly key chance, 20% regular tool/armour chance, Creative plot (2), Warp (1)
Ancient: EOTs 5->3, 90%->75% Weekly tool chance, new 15% Weekly key chance, 10% regular tool/armour chance, Creative plot (4), Warp (3)

So primarily this is an adjustment of percentages, some rearranging and expansion of existing features, but I think this would meet a lot of the needs and solve some of the issues people have been mentioning regarding the ranking and voting system. As well as give creative a proper focus. If I've missed anything or there are other things that could be adjusted I'll be happy to hear them.

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account