Join 10 players online!

/Skin in #bot-commands Concerns

BanditoSans217
Ancient

11 topics
14 posts

by BanditoSans217 » over 3 years ago

Hello All, 

I have been noticing in the Bot-commands channel on discord, people keep doing /skin to random things.
Something I'm concerned about is that for instance:

Someone enters in a /skin command and it violates Wildercraft rules (either skin, or it says an offensive word on it or something)
and a staff member isn't there to quickly delete it.

Just a concern I have. 

I know this will probably not be enforced, but maybe keep the /skin and/or /render commands to ONLY Wildercraftians.

Any ideas?
Feel free to reply. :)

-Your pal, Sam 💛

RE: /Skin in #bot-commands Concerns

Yaramy
Ancient

6 topics
9 posts

by Yaramy » over 3 years ago

The skin commands come from an external bot, so it would be impossible to limit it's skins, unless the bot has a limited feature included, which probably isn't the case

BlackDog97
Dryad

11 topics
15 posts

by BlackDog97 » over 3 years ago

So there's no way of controlling the /skin and /render commands? Cause BanditoSans makes quite a good point here. It is something that can be exploited with malicious intent.

Yaramy
Ancient

6 topics
9 posts

by Yaramy » over 3 years ago

Yeah, there's no way of controlling the searchs or the results you can make, except for blocking the use of the command itself for every case. As a public bot, changing the feature to limit the results is out of what wilder can do,

BlockBreaker53
Elder

11 topics
34 posts

by BlockBreaker53 » over 3 years ago

Hey Sam,

So we discussed this as a team and, no, it's not something that we can limit in that way. However, at the moment we don't think it's enough of an issue (seeing as this issue hasn't arisen much, and normally the staff are very active on the discord) to cause us to turn off that feature of the bot as a whole. That being said, it's a really good point you bring up, and definitely something we will be keeping in mind for the future!

Many thanks,

Community Team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account