Art Channel on the Discord

_raex
Elder

4 topics
4 posts

by _raex » over 3 years ago

I thought an art channel for the discord would be nice since lounge can get buried easily. It would not be strictly Minecraft/Wildercraft related.

+ Easy to implement (only creating a new channel)

+ Discord has more interaction between players than the forums

+ It could go into the Community category easily

+ Artists could ask for advice and recommendations if they choose to, and give tips if they're wanted

- Art would have to be moderated to ensure it doesn't break any rules

(There was a "Fan art Channel On Discord!" suggestion about a year ago, and the art subforum was created, but I think a discord channel would be great to add too!)

diamond.png x 2

RE: Art Channel on the Discord

Pickole
Guardian

7 topics
19 posts

by Pickole » over 3 years ago

I think this is a great idea and well formulated. But beautiful creations can just be used for this and it has in the past people post art there a lot.

Buffaz
Ancient

14 topics
35 posts

by Buffaz » over 3 years ago

agree! also yeah I also agree that beautiful creations can be used to post art, but I've seen a lot of people unsure of whether it's ok to post in there, and an art channel just for real life art would be pretty cool :D

diamond.png x 1

Microweb4
Dryad
Mod

4 topics
10 posts

by Microweb4 » over 3 years ago

Raex, I love this idea, and I'm also an artist who loves to share 😄  I'm a Wildercraft Community representative - I talk with players and staff about ideas and feedback that the community wants.  We discussed this idea in our latest Community Team meeting, and felt it might be best to broaden the 'Beatuful Creations' channel to be more inclusive to all art.  One thing I mentioned was I thought Beautiful Creations was primarily for Minecraft-related artwork, but it's intended to be more broad.  Staff are going to change the description of the channel to specify it is open to all art, not just Minecraft creations.

I look forward to seeing some of your work, if you end up posting some on the Discord.  Lately, I've been getting into some 3D modeling, and I love sharing it with other players 😉

💜 The Community Team

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account