Season Banners: Show your dedication!

Worzyy
Guardian

8 topics
44 posts

by Worzyy » over 3 years ago

Idea: Custom Wilder-Banners that represent the different seasons you have played in wildercraft. 

They would be claimable with a command, and would have custom code preventing them being duplicated/enchanted/renamed. If possible they'd have the owners name in the item name eg: Worzyy's S7 Banner. 

The banner wouldn't offer any benefits in anyway, but would serve as a trophy for playing wilder across many seasons.

Argument for the idea: 

Wildercraft has a complete reset every season, having some form of recognising wilder-age would be a nice flair that can enhance the player experience, and may encourage players to re-join and continue playing for seasons to come. 

Future considerations:

If this code were to be implimented, then I can imagine it being useful for other, similar, achievements. Such as rewarding players for unique achievements/feats - for a community voted best build of season x and so forth. Offering recognition to players efforts in previous seasons.

Considerations against the idea: 

Time to code... as always :P 

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Season Banners: Show your dedication!

oSalts
Sapling

12 topics
17 posts

by oSalts » over 3 years ago

To add to this, Optifine capes are customizable. Since I believe there is a way to figure out when a player first joined wildercraft, players can be given cape patterns through the website or Discord dms from a bot based on each season they have played. Then they could recustomize their Optifine capes to the season cape. I also feel that someone has to be playing on a season for a set number of hours to get a cape/banner because then people can't just get on once a season and get the goodies.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

RE: Season Banners: Show your dedication!

BlockBreaker53
Elder

11 topics
34 posts

by BlockBreaker53 » over 3 years ago

Hey!

We covered this in a recent meeting and think its a really cool idea B) 

Hopefully we can get this going!

- Community Team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account