Join 10 players online!

Staff Info

BlockBreaker53
Elder

11 topics
34 posts

by BlockBreaker53 » over 3 years ago

Staff Roles/Info

Hey everyone, we've decided to post info about what each staff role does, as we noticed that people don't really know the difference between things like admin/mod/helper. 🧐 So to tackle this, here are some detailed descriptions of what each staff role (also community representatives, but note they are not staff), does, and we've aimed for total transparency here! Enjoy! 😄

Owner ---

Hello friends, redbau here! As owner of WilderCraft, I keep the server running smoothly, respond to player feedback and staff concerns, and work to design features that are unique and interesting. I'm also a dad of two small kids, husband of a lovely partner, and a web designer by trade, so I stay busy! Because the server never sleeps, my day typically starts at 5am to check the server status. If there are no big problems that day I’ll write code for new custom Wilder features, answer Discord questions from players and staff, add new stats and content to the website, or write ideas down in my notebook to clarify my thinking. Maintaining the 70,000 lines of code that powers Wilder is a big part of my day-to-day responsibility. So is checking in with staff and admin teams to ensure the people-side of Wilder is healthy, happy, and helpful. Being able to discuss ideas with staff, get inspired, and collaborate together is one of my favorite parts of the job.

Sr.Admin ---

Heya! I'm MsPoffy but you can call me Poffy and I am our Senior Admin (no, senior does not mean that I'm old :b)! My day-to-day work involves in-depth planning and organizing to help build a successful future for WilderCraft in a wide variety of topics. I also spend a lot of my time in meetings with various sections of the staff to help with efficiency, fairness and productivity. Other duties I have include serving as a general contact point between the staff and red, to ensure that communications and feedback reach their intended destination, to offload or delegate tasks from red and to deal with most kinds of issues, aided with a high level of server access to ensure a smooth overall experience for the staff and community alike. Senior Admin is the current highest achievable staff rank on wilder but I ensure you that I am not scary, I'm very passionate for our community and love to hear what you think about things so if you see me online feel free to strike up a chat!

Admin ---

Hey! We’re the admins, and what we do is facilitate communication between teams and also help pass that information onto Poffy and Red. We also help a lot behind the scenes with keeping everything in order and in meetings with teams and Red. Admins help do a lot of set up for events and getting things ready for the new seasons.  Admins also help the mods and helpers with investigating situations and can do more to help people get their things back with a server caused death or items that are not able to be rolled back. Please feel free to talk to us anytime or ask any questions. We are open to helping in any way that is needed!

Mod ---

We’re the mods, and our main role is to provide help and support for players on issues they may have, ranging from things such as potential thefts/griefs or Wildercraft related questions. We also investigate and deal with potential rule-breakers and trolls. We have weekly meetings with mods+, to discuss wilder related things, and work to keep the server growing! Some of us may also be team leads, meaning we run a certain team on wilder, whether it may be a staff only, or staff and players team. (You can check !teams on #bot-commands on our discord).

Helper ---

Sup! Helpers are also staff like mods, just can't do all the things mods can. Even so, we are still able to help you with almost anything! Things include investigating grief/theft, helping with shops, and any questions you have in general. Even if there is something that specifically needs a mod, helpers are usually able to sort it out, and/or call a mod over efficiently. We have occasional meetings with helpers+, and we’re always here if you need anything! After all, we’re here to help :)

Community Rep ---

Hey! we're Pickole, Blackdog97 and Arrava, the player representatives here on wilder! You can catch us day to day playing on the tree servers and gathering in-game feedback from the player base. We have weekly meetings with the community team where we bring up players' questions, comments and concerns; and stand up for everyone when a change is being made that affects us as players on wilder. We also get a good amount of information about what’s going on on the server, to better communication between staff and players if it’s lacking.

Last edited: over 2 years ago diamond.png x 6

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account