Make global chat require the /gchat command for each chant entry

THBTX
Ancient

3 topics
6 posts

by THBTX » over 3 years ago

I shouldn't have to leave global every time I log into the server. Change global to require the /gchat command for a chat to go global. This, hopefully, will reduce global chatting as it appears people advertise their shops in global, then forget they are in that channel and keep chatting merrily along.

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 2

RE: Make global chat require the /gchat command for each chant entry

Mars_Bryant
Ancient

2 topics
6 posts

by Mars_Bryant » over 3 years ago

I keep meaning to suggest this as well.

Maybe it would be possible to make local chat the default to chat in, while still showing global chat unless you choose to leave it? Like, if you want to send a global message you have to type "/g [message]", otherwise it goes to local and so reduces global chatter & promotes local community? And then still have a "/g ignore" option that doesn't reset every time you log in?

I like global chat in general, but it's overwhelming and frustrating to figure out which channel I'm chatting in and having to leave global all the time

diamond.png x 1

THBTX
Ancient

3 topics
6 posts

by THBTX » over 3 years ago

Any MOD or Red looking at this? Not seen any of them comment.

TheodoricApRys
Ancient

3 topics
6 posts

by TheodoricApRys » over 3 years ago

Here is what I got when I posted...

https://wildercraft.net/forum/topic/1421-change-global-chat-to-optin/

MidVix
Dryad

20 topics
35 posts

by MidVix » over 3 years ago

Hello guys! The plug in resets upon every login and unfortunately we do not have much control over this ourselves as it is part of the plug in. We are unsure if there will be any changes to the plug in so at this time theres nothing we can do to make this possible. If we bcome aware of a way to do this we'll look into it. 

Apologies for the wait, Community Team

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account