Wilder Tools and Wilder Forge in 1.16

oogadabooga
Guardian

17 topics
19 posts

by oogadabooga » over 3 years ago
Recieving Wilder Tools in vote rewards is an amazing privilege to have. With the introduction of Netherite, i can see players are going to ask about Netherite Wilder Tools. My idea is that we use the Wilder Forge to upgrade our Diamond Wilder Tools to Netherite Wilder Tools after aquiring the necessary crafting ingredients. Example ingredients could simply be a Diamond Wilder Tool and a piece of Netherite, or we could try something custom. This means that Wilder Tools obtained through vote rewards are still made of Diamond. This will also increase the use of the Wilder Forge, as not many players use it all that often as it stands. 

Open to other ideas and sugestion, this is just one that i came up with and felt liek sharing.

diamond.png x 1

RE: Wilder Tools and Wilder Forge in 1.16

GleymdurGrafinn
Ancient

3 topics
12 posts

by GleymdurGrafinn » over 3 years ago
With the Wilder Tools being the highest tier exclusive for donators having to do anything extra to make them the highest tier would negate the concept for them being highest tier. Not saying it's a bad thing that people "work for" their upgrades but the Wilder Tools are a "skip this step for ultimate power" donator perk tools. With that being said, I would hate for 1.16.1 to be introduced and the Wilder Tools available become Netherite tools while those that already donated having "just" the diamond version. If this conversion were free then it would be a different thing of course but it's an extra step that some might not take right off the bat considering you have to work towards the Netherite in a hostile enviroment.

That just sounds like a rant on my part lol...

Gleymdur

TheCrunchyPasta
Elder

4 topics
6 posts

by TheCrunchyPasta » over 3 years ago
I do like this idea a lot. However I agree with Gleymdur, saying that if you donate for an op item in 1.16, it should be more powerful than just a diamond tool. Maybe if you obtain a wildertool from voting, it could give a diamond tool, and if you donate for it, you would get a netherite one? Not sure how much work that would be but I think it would make donating for a wildertool more worth it in 1.16.

GleymdurGrafinn
Ancient

3 topics
12 posts

by GleymdurGrafinn » over 3 years ago
One thing I will say as well is that the Wildertools are quite OP to begin with and since the stats of the mobs are not changing having them Netherite would be such overkill. My suggestions would be to
1. Up the minimum price of any Wildertool up to 32 coins
2. Upping the Elytra to 100 coins to make the price fit the OP nature of it (making it quite exclusive)
3. The Bow and sword up to 64 each. They are OP already, imagine Netherite versions of them, oof!
4. The pick needs adjusting, I don't know of anyone who likes smelting their ores like that. It's MINEcraft after all. We love mining but that perk is just meh

Two cents more haha
Gleymdur

oogadabooga
Guardian

17 topics
19 posts

by oogadabooga » over 3 years ago
Those are very good points about the donation side of the wilder tools. I do like Pasta390's idea about recieving diamond tools through votes and netherite tools through donation / wilder coins. We could combined that with GleymdurGrrafinn's idea of higher prices for the netherite tools through donation?

Last edited: over 3 years ago diamond.png x 1

RunaCam
Fairy

4 topics
10 posts

by RunaCam » over 3 years ago
I see your point about making it more exclusive but to be fair outright buying wilder wings already costs about $40 (USD)  real world at the current time. Theyre special but not more than $40 special.

However I do agree that the wilderpick needs a definite facelift as its the most often tool i see people reroll. Its the one you get excited about your weekly reward and get a definite "darn it" when you end up with a crummy pick. Kind of like the Phantom Juice with wildercrate.

On the note of voting for diamond and forging for netherite, what wildertools would possibly make them better? Probably just wilderwings as netherite add blast resistance to armor and durability to everything. I dont know a single person who has a durability issue with their wildertools, as all have mending and most true 'tools' focus on giving you XP which in turn mend the tools anyway.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account