Make it somewhat a player choice for how long seasons are/not ex

Yacob1
Guardian

19 topics
63 posts

by Yacob1 » over 3 years ago
I think there should be a somewhat player choice on when seasons reset and not set to a defined time limit of 6 months. As season 8 begins it might be good to not have an end date instead of december. As there will be an update midseason and don't know exactly when it can split the season up. If there were some basic rules like season range from 6-12 months and then there is a player vote at the 6th month to see how much longer people want before a reset. This might help as I feel like season 8 will be a great one and lots of people will want to make it last longer.

RE: Make it somewhat a player choice for how long seasons are/not ex

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 3 years ago
Having a voting system for every player to be involved seems inefficient. You could easily be highly overwhelemed by wanderers by sheer numbers. Is that a good thing? Is that a bad thing? I'm not going to make that decision, but true democracy isn't always the favorable outcome. 

Plus, there's a lot of benefits from a staff perspective of being able to prepare ahead of time for a known season end. If it were decided at the 6 month mark when the server restarts, then it's more difficult to play when new content/material should be released/included. 

We've had plenty of issues in the past with people asking when the season ends and not being able to give good answers. It harms the playerbase who doesn't want to play if they don't know how long their things will still be there. Clarity, up front and as soon as it is available, tends to be the best option in my experience, and having more distinct seasons would help with that. 

Of course, that's simply my opinion, but I disagree with having variable season durations, mainly when it is something that is driven by the general playerbase.

RE: Make it somewhat a player choice for how long seasons are/not ex

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 3 years ago
I'll be honest, I'm guessing nobody will vote for a longer Season. Even 6 months is a little on the long side for most folks. I think after 3-4 months the season starts to drag and people don't know what to do. Also it becomes a more uneven playing field for new players joining, the longer a season goes on. So resets encourage a whole new player base to come join and try things out.

You bring up a great point, how can players have more choice in the matter, and maybe based on some mid-season Mojang changes we can determine how a season might get extended or shortened in some ways based on more external factors.

Food for thought!

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account