Zan is Zan

zantastic
Elder

1 topics
1 posts

by zantastic » over 5 years ago
Good Evening,

I'm Zantastic, though most folks call me Zan. In terms of gamers both my brother and my daughter keep reminding me that I'm "Old", which means that I recently turned 37 years old and as a gamer that makes me ancient apparently. My PC gaming history starts with  Civization and Simcity. In college I played World of Warcraft fairly hardcore [I was in one US first boss kill and quite a few top 10 worldwide back in classic and BC]. I played and coached DOTA 2 professionally for a while, having playing Warcraft 3 and Starcraft for years.

I'm pleased to say that I purchased my Minecraft WAY WAY back before there were editions for every console known to man. My asthetic in Minecraft is generally castles and large flowing bridges through hilltops. I enjoy storage systems and simple mob farms and take pleasure in making redstone contraptions simpler with less lag than the original, mostly through the use of water mechanics instead of hoppers and the ability to turn a contraption off when not in use [I promise I won't kill the server]. My current goals on the server are to finish my starter house [Oak and Birch with a cobble foundation] and then begin work on a slime farm in preparation for the work I would like to do on a Necromancer's castle [lots of lights behind slime blocks for that eerie glow along with darker blocks, inspiration being Iskall85's base from Hermitcraft this season, except darker]. I do also manage a "Family" minecraft server [8 total users including real life family and friends] so I do appreciate the challenges involved for the mods and admins and appreciate all you do! For me this server is way to be a part of a larger comunity and I am not opposed to helping out with larger builds or activities. I am planning to get my voice chat up and running this weekend... at which point you may have trouble shutting me up.

I'm from Wisconsin, US... and before you ask, no I haven't seen a cow in months. I live in the capitol of the state and work in IT as a system admin and manager. I'm happily married to my wife of nearly 15 years and we have one daughter. We have a nice home and a comfortable, stable life. To me, thats all anyone can ask for!

Last edited: over 5 years ago diamond.png x 1

RE: Zan is Zan

derecs
Wild

0 topics
3 posts

by derecs » over 5 years ago
I know all those games... because I'm slightly more ancient than you.  :p  Welcome!

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account