Party System (XP/Loot Share)

Vladkillmer
Guardian

5 topics
6 posts

by Vladkillmer » over 4 years ago
My idea is a party system.  You know like World of Warcraft has.  Just a simple dumbed down one is all that I'm saying.  EXP and maybe even loot share.  EXP for sure.  The loot share could be for enchanted items the mob (or boss) has on,m or super rare items.  Just like how Common, Rare, and EPic items are in Warcraft.

- Why will players enjoy this idea?
It'll add a new dynamic to playing with friends.  And it would greatly help dungeons.
- How does this idea help or enhance the values of WilderCraft? (Kindness and cooperation, hard survival gameplay has costs, power has trade-offs) This would greatly encourage teamwork, cooperation and kindness hands down!!
- On a scale of 1-10 (1=easy, 10=hard/complex) how complex is this idea? Not sure about coding, but there is a full WoW Mod out there floating around somewhere (for reference).  I'd say probly between 4-8/10

You can contact me ingame if you ahve any questions, comments or clarification. :)

<333

RE: Party System (XP/Loot Share)

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
A party system is a lot more effective in a game like WoW where you have more party skills, more group quests, and more boss raids/fights. Basically where there is a lot more complicated combat behaviors and rewards. 

In Minecraft, it doesn't quite fit with the goals of the game (IMO). People don't grind for level, and your level doesn't impact your skills, so levels are significantly less important. As for loot, most loot is minimal per kill, and rare loot isn't that rare (in value) or uncommon (in drops). There's also a very limited amount of items and drops you can get across the entire game. 

A party system just seems like significant overkill for a game like MC where it doesn't have the combat or loot diversity that makes a party system valuable. 

diamond.png x 1

RE: Party System (XP/Loot Share)

DrowningInPizza
Lightfoot

0 topics
1 posts

by DrowningInPizza » over 4 years ago
I don't know about loot sharing and exp sharing, but parties would be nice for chatting. 

I always feel bad blowing up global for plans for our base lol 

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account