Wild Warp Warping Players into a Block

MamaJule
Ancient

6 topics
7 posts

by MamaJule » over 4 years ago
Title: Wild Warp Warping Players into a Block
Summary: 
I have heard two complaints from two different players who used the Wild Warp at spawn and were warped into a block. I teleported to one of their death spots and the player was warped into a tree, which lead to the player suffocating to death.

Priority and Severity:
C

Server:
Redwood/Cypress

Steps to Reproduce:
Player uses Wild Warp and has a chance of being warped into a block. Seldom occurs.

Expected Outcome:
The player is teleported on a block instead of within a block.

Actual Outcome:
Player was warped into a block.

Proposed Fix (Optional):
I'm not sure if there's some coding-wise fix, but reducing the cool down time would help these players try the wild warp again.

Notes (Optional): None.

Screenshots (Preferred): Taken by Patykoksu.

RE: Wild Warp Warping Players into a Block

Coral_Papa
Owner

3 topics
20 posts

by Coral_Papa » over 4 years ago
Issue is related to chunk loading, player actually falls and gets either stock in the ground and sufficates or falls into void,
Noticing this happening more when there is low tps/lag

RE: Wild Warp Warping Players into a Block

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
I can potentially add to this. I had a player that was warped into the air and then fell to their death. There's a chance they were warped next to the side of a cliff and fell down, but that's still interesting. I assume they warped to a block in the extreme hills biome (where they died), took one step backwards or sideways and fell off while loading, and then their computer caught up as they fell and took lethal damage. 

Or they warped into air. Can't tell for certain, but posting it anyway for the record.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account