Shulker placer stations around spawn shopping area

Haelcyondays
Elder

1 topics
2 posts

by Haelcyondays » over 4 years ago
Places people's shulker boxes so that they can get their stuff out without needing permissions - mainly used for taking out currency like diamonds to pay for things in the shops. It can also be useful for many other purposes like putting the many things people buy in a shulker without the hassle of a messy inventory and can also be helpful when shop owners (mainly peddlers) want to restock many things that exceed their inventory space.

- Why will players enjoy this idea?
I have observed that many people put their currency in their shulker boxes - as well as me and I think it would be a very useful thing to have around - like with ender chests. It also reduces the need to go back and forth from their home to spawn again - reducing wastage of teleportation eyes.

- How does this idea help or enhance the values of WilderCraft? 
This increases the inginuity or want for Wildercraft to help their users in anyway they can. 

- On a scale of 1-10 (1=easy, 10=hard/complex) how complex is this idea?
Not very hard, only needs a couple of redstone pieces, and a simple tutorial can be found online to put it together and perhaps the build team could also help it fit the surrounding area and plan where these stations could go. So I think a 3.

RE: Shulker placer stations around spawn shopping area

gplayer5
Ancient

6 topics
43 posts

by gplayer5 » over 4 years ago
Yes, I completely agree with this request. Many people (like me) keep currency in shulker boxes because of the limited inventory space. Since the spawn is permission locked, you can't place shulker boxes to get the currency out to buy the items. This causes me to warp somewhere else (using an expensive teleport eye), take out the currency, then warp back to buy the item. It would help if there were designated spots at spawn or near shopping areas that allow you to place shulkers.

diamond.png x 1

BigZincc
Peddler

0 topics
1 posts

by BigZincc » over 4 years ago
Why not just leave your currency in an echest?

You can get to spawn and back to your base fro free using the end portal, so even if you dont know what the currency is for what you wanna buy (although its almost always dia), you can easily check and go stock your echest for free

Awkwardbowman
Ancient

34 topics
149 posts

by Awkwardbowman » over 4 years ago
BigZincc, 

I have a lot of stuff in my eChest that's stored in shulkers, and I'd rather not have to use /spawn, run to the portal, go through it, get to my chest /$ shop again just to have the needed currency. Instead of the options 1) use a long route to get the currency or 2) keep like... 8 slots in my eChest open for possible currencies, option 3) have a shulker of currencies that I can carry around sounds a lot more appealing.

The other issue also isn't address here. If I want to buy a lot of stuff from a person, I need to have space for it. If i want to buy stuff in bulk, it'd be nice to be able to put all my purchases into a shulker box and then go from there. 

All,

This idea is for convenience, it doesn't detract from survival, and it helps with shopping. I would think it'd be easy to implement. Even if there were just a few spots at each of the mini-hubs that are "unclaimed" so we can use it, that beats running all the way back. 

diamond.png x 1

Vhista
Fairy

6 topics
15 posts

by Vhista » over 4 years ago
This can be abused though, let's say you place your shulker box and some one takes from it. I dont see why this is an issue if I go to someone's shop or to the shopping district then I'm looking to spend money, and thus bring enough roughly 5-10 diamond blocks if I'm buying something more expensive I bring more. I kinda see it as your fault if you forget to bring your currency and have to travel back for it.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

Haelcyondays
Elder

1 topics
2 posts

by Haelcyondays » over 4 years ago
Vhista, 

Many shop owners sell things for not only diamonds, but also iron and even gunpowder or other things such as slimeballs. People have their own designated shulker boxes in which they store their things in. It is just convenient when you want to buy or sell something but it's in one of your many shulker boxes that you can easily take out if you had this system instead of going back and forth.
And as Awkwardbowman said, people like to buy in bulk and if they run out of space (which is already taken up by many possible currencies, tools, and food) they may stop shopping altogether if their inventory space has run out or they would have to spend more on eyes. Also I think many people are mature enough to not abuse said system.

Also I forgot to mention that landowicked has installed this system on the side of their shop, many people have benefited from, such as myself - and I sometimes just go all the way there to organise my things - if people would like to take a look.

Last edited: over 4 years ago

SkinMilk
Dryad

20 topics
67 posts

by SkinMilk » over 4 years ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit your idea!

The Wildercraft staff has carefully considered this and will be implementing this idea soon.
-Wildercraft Staff

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account