Favorite thing to build?

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » over 5 years ago
I really enjoy building cutom trees, large enough to climb inside and explore some. Making treehouses is a challenge because it combines both making a good tree and making a good base. Treehouses also have the added challenge of making your base blend into the tree so it looks like parts of it belong and parts of it don't — that's difficult to balance, but basically what WilderCraft is all about.

Cave bases are fun to make and easy to get started with, but are difficult to find good spots sometimes and require lots of digging, so bring your beacon.

So, what do you like to build?

RE: Favorite thing to build?

lLOMlLO
Treant

27 topics
182 posts

by lLOMlLO » over 5 years ago
I personally like taking on projects that take way too much time and effort, then not finishing by the end of the season and mourning my lost build :P

diamond.png x 2

TinyTau
Elder

3 topics
11 posts

by TinyTau » over 5 years ago
(In case it wasn't obvious) I enjoy making farms and redstone based builds that automate various parts of the game. I know this is a red flag for lag but I try to find the most efficient designs that will maximize production while limiting server impact. I look forward to being able to design my own farms in the future with these goals in mind!

diamond.png x 1

RobotGaufre
Dryad

1 topics
3 posts

by RobotGaufre » over 5 years ago
I personally love trying to do impossible things just because! I literally spent over 18 hours mining obsidian nonstop! I've pulled all nighters to acheive things that aren't even real. (It's just a game!)

If were talking about my base? I love to just carve out mountains and create either some running tunnel network or make an enormous underground area. I also really love digging.

Here's some of my work I've done so far on season 5 of WilderCraft!
https://imgur.com/a/dVkUEUh

Fights4U
Peddler

1 topics
2 posts

by Fights4U » over 5 years ago
I love making custom landscapes, mostly fantasy. I love building cliffs, either underground or aboveground, depending on the project. Often I don't intend to make anything big, then suddenly change my mind and go for something big. 
I would also love to build organics, but I'm still learning to do those and they don't always end up the way the are supposed to.

Some things I've done on this and other servers:
https://fights4u.imgur.com/

stickbugs
Elder

2 topics
9 posts

by stickbugs » over 5 years ago
I usually find myself building things like redstone farms, but every now and again I design random bases that I might use next season!

Pankake69
Mythic

2 topics
10 posts

by Pankake69 » over 5 years ago
I really like building technically efficient buildings as opposed to buildings that look really pretty. I have a programmer's way of thinking so I often min-max every game I play into oblivion (like TES: Oblivion). This leads to very bland looking builds with just a Stone brick, stone slab, and other grey / white block pallette. While it's almost never the prettiest, it sure does look impressive from a distance and it is very resource efficient.

I really enjoy building bases inside of mountains and underground so I don't have to worry about designing an exterior that looks good, just the interior.

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account