WilderCraft is back online!

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » about 1 year ago

After a few days of downtime and maintenance the servers are back online! Yay! Thanks to everyone for your patience while IT_Deaths and I worked super hard on getting things back online after a reboot caused a freak series of issues to address.

Here's what we did behind the scenes, as players shouldn't notice anything new!

• Migrated Skyblock server to Wilder Main to reduce costs
  • Dropped a few servers we no longer used
  • Performed a network upgrade to greatly increase server uptime
  • Optimized disk space on all servers

One unfortunate side-effect of this change is Dungeon Run needs to be migrated. That's no small effort, and for a feature that demands a lot of time and doesn't bring the server any revenue to help keep the lights on or pay the costs of development, it may be time to say goodbye to Dungeon Run. We'll see what the effort in migration is over the coming weeks and keep everyone posted.

Here's to another great year on WilderCraft in 2023! This new optimized server setup should take us far into the coming years. =]

RE: WilderCraft is back online!

redbau
Owner

139 topics
328 posts

by redbau » about 1 year ago

Update: I'm not 100% certain Dungeon Run will be closing. I will be talking with staff teams over the next few weeks to come up with a plan to either:

1. replace Dungeon Run with End Rush
  2. or rework Dungeon Run into something else, like a mob arena
  3. or try to get it running again with different code so it functions more like End Rush

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account