Wilder Double Life

Krosis_Vulonkiin
Guardian

7 topics
7 posts

by Krosis_Vulonkiin » about 1 year ago

The double life series for one week on an alternate world, feel free to comment ideas on here.

RE: Wilder Double Life

stalebaguette_
Sapling

1 topics
3 posts

by stalebaguette_ » about 1 year ago

I feel like there could be a way to have a leaderboard. Maybe track players' playtime since that could show how long each player has been alive within the world? That way the players with the most playtime would have the highest ranking. That or we can track progress with the amount of achievements players have done. I think these like these would help players to stay in the game and not be inactive. Also, would we have the limited world borders that the double life series has? I think that that really plays into the limits of the whole thing, but, at the same time, I don't think we'd want a sugarcane situation where someone is hogging one resource and other players can't do anything about it because griefing isn't allowed. Just something to consider :)

p00psterz
Treant

5 topics
23 posts

by p00psterz » about 1 year ago

Yea I think there's a lot of factors.

1. The double life series works because it's a set time when all players can log on and interact with eachother.

2. There are a lot of things in that series that aren't really possible except with a small community of content creators. Most of the "content" is around stealing, pranks, killing, things that are done all in good fun, but therefore wouldn't really work in a setting where everyone isn't there to make the most entertaining content. For instance, we have anti-griefing and no pvp for a reason.

3. Given the above, there would have to be a lot of things created specifically for this series to work.

My pitch:

Sadly I don't think we could create something with the charm of the doublelife series. However, I do think we could create something pretty cool. If we could create a mod that turns PVP on after 3 deaths, and proxy chat, we could create some interesting senarios. It would just be a thing that lasts for a couple hours or something, people could work togeather to gather resources but you choose when to go full pvp, but the downside is you're now on your last life.

Tolcum
Guardian

2 topics
64 posts

by Tolcum » about 1 year ago

As fun as this idea feels, the double life gameplay usually incorporates some kind of PvP, and also requires everyone who's going to be playing to be on at the same time so that the mirrored players can all find each other and start working together. This is really cool, and it's obvious how much thought went into this idea when it was being thought of, and I don't want this to feel like a casual dismissal of the idea. The staff and community reps spoke about it at length and tried brainstorming solutions to what we felt were major flaws. Ultimately we came to the decision that, while a cool idea, this type of gameplay is much more suited to streamers who can align their schedules regularly to all play at once, not to the come-and-go nature of Wilder. Sorry, and thank you again for the wonderful idea!

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account