25% sleep requirement for 1.17

NeopolitanBoi
Ancient

2 topics
3 posts

by NeopolitanBoi » over 2 years ago

It is now a default feature of minecraft to allow for a non 100% requirement to change it to day. I propose the requirement be set to 25% of a servers population.

creeper-head.png x 2

RE: 25% sleep requirement for 1.17

arrava
Ancient

4 topics
10 posts

by arrava » over 2 years ago

Defintely think using minecraft new sleep % could be useful. But i think 25% is way too low.

For one this is supposed to a hard survival and we shouldnt completely remove the challenge of the game, we do already have an issue with people progressing really quick and quiting after a few weeks.

Players have asked for easier sleep mechanics as a single player can hold up 4/6/8+ players who wish to skip the night which is totally an issue. I think expanding /afk down a couple ranks could help but /afk does also remove an aspect of challenge early game so????

I think somewhere around the 70-80% could work. Still requires consensus of the worlds player base to avoid issues of players needing night and being over ridden and removes the issue of one player who may be lower rank and afk without the rest knowing.

diamond.png x 1

NeopolitanBoi
Ancient

2 topics
3 posts

by NeopolitanBoi » over 2 years ago

That seems reasonable, but I think maybe the threshold rather then being greater then 70% should be maybe 50%+. There arent *that* many reasons a player truly needs night, other then phantoms what is there that *must* be done at night? 

arrava
Ancient

4 topics
10 posts

by arrava » over 2 years ago

Primarily thinking of getting villagers, specially later in the season when the villages have been decimated

diamond.png x 1

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

Arrava it's true that night time poses opportunities and challenges so not everyone wants to skip it, but players don't always need it. More often than not players work in the day, and night time doesn't just pose a challenge- it's a nuisance. I do agree that 25% is too low, but 70-80% feels too high.

Personally, I think 50-60% would be more ideal. Next season I believe there's going to be less tree servers, so there'll probably be more players online. Already, tree servers have at least 10 players when there's a lot on, so if the percentage were 70-80% then potentially 8+ players could be held up just because a few players aren't looking at chat

diamond.png x 1

Eventvwr
Treant

3 topics
12 posts

by Eventvwr » over 2 years ago

I would think that if someone said in chat they wanted to be awake at night (e.g. to catch zombie villagers) then enough players would stay out of bed for this to happen. 50% sounds right to me. Presumably this could be revisited after introduction though, depending on how it turns out?

diamond.png x 1

GoldenFlame_
Fairy

6 topics
33 posts

by GoldenFlame_ » over 2 years ago

Hey NeopolitanBoi, 

Sorry for the late response, we have been busy in prep for the new season.
We discussed this in our Community Team Meeting a few weeks ago, as you may have seen in our recent survey we added this as a question.
We agree that it is good to have some form of percentage sleep, but that it should be a majority decision and will mostlikely be a relatively high percentage.

Would love to hear more from you,

Thanks For The Feedback - GoldenFlame

💜Community Team

diamond.png x 1

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account