Match-5 win ratio broken; better living through math.

tigerbalmv
Elder

8 topics
29 posts

by tigerbalmv » over 2 years ago

Google Spreadsheet of Win Ratios

I took screenshots of the leaderboards in Match-5 earlier today and added the details to a spreadsheet. If you look, you'll notice that the average Match-5 win ration is 43%. This is impossible. A leaderboard average should amount to a value close to 50% (because someone wins and someone loses every game). Either a large number of anonymous players are winning games then never coming back, or the mechanism that records wins is broken. I started watching it closely when I saw my win ratio drop into the toilet. If I win two games in a row, it only records one in the win column. But my observations are flaky, and I haven't taken constant screenshots or notes to see if this bears out. On the other hand, you can't argue with the math.

This is one of those "IMO" opinion things. It's always more fun for developers to move on to new projects than to clean up bugs in the old ones. Bugs in old projects give a somewhat shabby aura to an environment, kind of like dead lightbulbs and piles of junk mail, which may convey to visitors that nobody really cares.

Bug Report

Last edited: over 2 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account