Ancient Tree suggestions

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

So the Ancient Tree is a cool item that I use in my base, and I plan to use it again in the future, but there are a couple of things about it I would like to suggest changing.

First, I suggest removing the huge platform that an Ancient Tree spawns with. I have personal experience with the Ancient Tree, and I had no idea that the tree would spawn with that. The result was that I planted it ontop of a hill with other surrounding normal trees, and all of those trees were decapitated and ruined, and the hill just had an awkward huge square ontop of it. There was nothing to warn me that the tree would spawn in with such a platform, and I was extemely unhappy to find that the wonderful natural hill I found was ruined. I think everyone would be fine if the tree just spawned in by itself, without the huge square platform. 

Second, I would also like to suggest either placing a warning that the type of Ancient Tree you get is random, or simply make it so players can choose what ancient tree type they get. I asked multiple times before using my Ancient Tree sapling of what the Ancient Tree looked like, and although someone did post a picture of their tree for me, they did not tell me- neither did anyone else (I'm guessing because they didn't know)- that the ancient tree had different variants. The result was I got an ancient jungle tree, which didn't fit with the theme of where I placed it at all. I was very confused and teared it down because it wasn't what I wanted. 

Perhaps a more specific idea would be to change the Ancient Tree Sapling item into Ancient Tree Bonemeal or something like that. With this, players could use the bonemeal on any type of sapling they choose, and get the tree variant that they desire. I personally don't understand why the tree variant you get is random, because that simply makes more work for me if I don't get the variant I want and I end up tearing the tree down. Considering the tree is just a build, I don't think it would be unreasonable to make this change. It's not like it gives an unfair advantage in any way, and it would make things more convenient for players in general. 

Last edited: over 2 years ago diamond.png x 2

RE: Ancient Tree suggestions

GoldenFlame_
Fairy

6 topics
33 posts

by GoldenFlame_ » over 2 years ago

Hey Hero, 

We discussed this in our meeting and incase you did miss it the ancient tree does have a warning on it for the size of blocks it destorys 

Ancient Tree Item Description: https://imgur.com/KjD7B5w

We are however going to look into removing the platform from the schematic and seeing if the bounding box can be shrunk.

But about your other ideas, we feel that it would be great to have more veraitions of ancient trees and having the idea of an ancient bonemeal to select them seems great. Some more tree design will have to be made for the different boime/tree types and the dev team will need to look into the selection and spawning methods

Thanks For The Feedback - GoldenFlame

💜Community Team

RE: Ancient Tree suggestions

xHerobrine
Guardian

21 topics
45 posts

by xHerobrine » over 2 years ago

No it does not give a warning.

Normal trees don't grow with a bunch of random dirt. 

That lore gives no clear warning of a platform. 

ZERO reason for new players to expect a huge platform to spawn in with the tree.

Last edited: over 2 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account