JunoWeed's Expanse Build Competition Information

ralphiemac
Wild

12 topics
32 posts

by ralphiemac » over 3 years ago

Contest Description

This contest takes place on expanse, take the north nether highway to 1616 and head east through JunoWeed's pit stop until you reach the signs across the path, follow them down the stairs and through the nether portal, you have arrived!

The premise of this contest is to bring your compact build game! We are building in 1 chunk, so 16 x 16, I’ve arbitrarily decided that I would the builds to be no more than 24 blocks from the highest point of natural landscape that makes up the plot, and under ground to a depth of 24 blocks

I have 7 primary plots the will be assign clockwise in alphabetical order. More plots will be prepared and located if needed and will be assigned first come first serve.

The theme of the build is Asian, rural, feudal era (i.e. medieval) era. These builds are within my base and are part of the overall theme which is temple grounds and adjacent farmland. The build pallet (block types) is leaning towards natural over-world, with stone, stone brick, birch, oak and lots of spruce being the dominant colors, I'm not opposed to brighter or more colorful highlights and especially interior styles. The dominant strong colors are green red and black (or dark oak)

Landscape Permission 

You are free to do some landscaping around your build space! Raise or lower the land as you see fit, within 5 blocks of the plots height, and up to 5 blocks out as long as you are not interfering in another plot, which will limit how much you can do at the corners of your plot.

Building Materials

Bring your own blocks! That said, at the center of the build location there is a pile of chest barrels and a shulker with free building materials to help you out. Please don’t harvest materials from the local landscape! Be considerate, this is my home. If you are really struggling, please let me know and I’ll do what I can to help you, or perhaps you can ask for donations from the community. The premise however is to bring it with you to build with.

Prizes

There are three major prizes! First place is a healthy dose of at least 1 and possibly more netherite blocks, with an assortment of other items that have been donated from (ML_Paladin, Artifvcts, and myself), second place is at least 1 diamond block, some netherite ingots and assorted other items, and 3rd place is at least 1 netherite ingot, some diamonds and other assorted items. There is a special honour of Artifvcts Biased Build, and a trophy to go with, as well as contestants will get a random head(from the store) for joining in the fun!

How to Register

Registration starts now, and you have 3 days to let me know (DM JunoWeed) that you are actually coming to build. After that, there will be 3 weeks time (3/21 to 4/11) to complete the build. Judges will be assembled from our distinguished builders on wilder, so put your all into your builds.

Post contest, the area will revert back to just being a part of my base, the builds winner or not (and complete or not) will remain, so don’t forget to tag you build with you name in a sign somewhere to immortalize it as your work forever! Caveat to that, if you don’t finish your build in time for the judging, but want to continue your build for sanity’s sake, we will work that out after words.

Thanks for considering joining!

-Junoweed.

Last edited: over 3 years ago

Want to Reply?

Join our friendly community to get access to your profile page, apply for staff, and post a reply here!

Login or Register Account